Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 91 to 93 of 93

Thread: Oh those silly cho-keys

  1. #91
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oh those silly cho-keys

    the point is that "hokie" not spelled any other way.....is a castrated turkey

    i dont care about "hok" "hoke" "hoky" or "hockey"

    they arent "hokie" which is a castrated turkey

    tell yourself whatever makes you sleep well at night......but the bottom line is that you are trying to argue against fact
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #92
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oh those silly cho-keys

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My whole point. If the cheer is named after a castrated turkey then WHY isn't it in my OLDER version since the cheer is 75+ years old? Ding, ding, ding!! And you are an Oregon fan? </div></div>
    nobody is talking about a cheer being named after anything.......a hokie is a turkey with no testicles......thats the definition......keep telling yourself it originated from some cheer or whatever dumb [censored] you want to tell yourself......the bottom line is that a hokie is a castrated turkey

    im not an oregon fan......canes fan.......and as for the bit about being able to see it best in our old mascot......even the new sebastian costume has a longer beak than that of a duck......albeit.....not as clear as it used to be </div></div>

    All I know is that the cheer started way back when and in my older dictionary the word, much less a definition is not there. Therefore the definition is a recent one which does away with the theory that some VT fan who wrote the cheer did so because castrated turkey was the definition then. And I'm glad you cleared that up, I should have figured. Since you can't talk sense to most Canes fans.
    </div></div>

    No, no...go back and read what I wrote. I said the cheer came first. The actual change of the mascot name didn't come in until the 80's at least, and I'd venture to say that during the time when VT was lucky to win 2-3 games a year that some disgruntled fan or critic was referring to them as castrated gobblers, or turkeys. May have started calling them Hokies to shorten that up, and that's where I'm guessing the definition came from--during the down times before the name change. Thusly--the definition existed before the name change...rendering the cheer explanation useless.

    Like I said--you may have a disgruntled fan in your camp to thank for going from the VPI Fightin Gobblers to the Virginia Tech Castrated Turkeys...aka Hokies.

    That line of thought makes sense to me. It's rational and thought out. But then again you can't talk sense to a Canes fan like me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #93
    Inactive Member imported_GC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2002
    Posts
    1,738
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Oh those silly cho-keys

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GC1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My whole point. If the cheer is named after a castrated turkey then WHY isn't it in my OLDER version since the cheer is 75+ years old? Ding, ding, ding!! And you are an Oregon fan? </div></div>
    nobody is talking about a cheer being named after anything.......a hokie is a turkey with no testicles......thats the definition......keep telling yourself it originated from some cheer or whatever dumb [censored] you want to tell yourself......the bottom line is that a hokie is a castrated turkey

    im not an oregon fan......canes fan.......and as for the bit about being able to see it best in our old mascot......even the new sebastian costume has a longer beak than that of a duck......albeit.....not as clear as it used to be </div></div>

    All I know is that the cheer started way back when and in my older dictionary the word, much less a definition is not there. Therefore the definition is a recent one which does away with the theory that some VT fan who wrote the cheer did so because castrated turkey was the definition then. And I'm glad you cleared that up, I should have figured. Since you can't talk sense to most Canes fans.
    </div></div>

    No, no...go back and read what I wrote. I said the cheer came first. The actual change of the mascot name didn't come in until the 80's at least, and I'd venture to say that during the time when VT was lucky to win 2-3 games a year that some disgruntled fan or critic was referring to them as castrated gobblers, or turkeys. May have started calling them Hokies to shorten that up, and that's where I'm guessing the definition came from--during the down times before the name change. Thusly--the definition existed before the name change...rendering the cheer explanation useless.

    Like I said--you may have a disgruntled fan in your camp to thank for going from the VPI Fightin Gobblers to the Virginia Tech Castrated Turkeys...aka Hokies.

    That line of thought makes sense to me. It's rational and thought out. But then again you can't talk sense to a Canes fan like me. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img] </div></div>

    And I myself will admit that they indeed played like not only castrated, but wingless turkeys for years. And remember, I said MOST Canes fans. I actually have a VERY good friend who is a die hard Cane. We have a lot of fun. And my son is a UGA fan.
    "We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
    - Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

    Welcome to the USSA!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •